Welcome to Jatech Web Design
Jatech Web Design - The Experience You Need
Years ago, like many other companies, we were using OS Commerce for the basis for our shopping carts. OS Commerce, Zen Cart, X Cart, and Magento and many of the other carts depended on donations from many different programmers for all their features. Now, when you have many different people donating code, conflicts can arise when one piece of code does not work with another piece of code. In order to make sure that did not happen, the people who donated the code would have to test it with every other piece of code that was donated. That does not happen as it takes many hours to do this and the conflicts may not show up until two or three months down the road when a certain situation arose. We noticed that we were spending a third of our time doing repairs to websites that were using OS Commerce shopping cart. So what we did was we looked at all the best shopping carts on the market and we got all the best features and recreated them in our own code.
I just asked a senior programmer here how much time a week he spends fixing shopping carts, and his answer was that he could not remember the last time he had to do that. We do not have any issues with our software or back door entry. Also, no one has ever been able to hack into any of our sites that use our QE Cart software because we do not allow any back door entry. It is all ours.
We use PHP, Java Script, Ajax and mySQL so anyone who knows how to use these programs can work on our software easily, as long as you give them the secure login information. So our software is not proprietary and can be taken anywhere. However, we do offer very good and fast, low cost service and I do not know anyone who has taken one of our websites to someone else to have them work on it.
When searching for OS Commerce problems on Google you will find approximately 5,450,000 pages.
Now, other companies might say that they are recreating the shopping cart and the software. Is it human nature to recreate something you already have or would you save time and money and just use something you already had? Also, when creating new code it has to be debugged, if you already have the code for a shopping cart and you are using it then you do not have to debug it because you already know that it works. I would have a hard job believing a company that tells me they are recreating something they already have. Now, to make more money and say they are recreating it, I believe that. They use they old code and make more money. We do not charge for creating code we already have. As a matter of fact, we can give you a demo site to try and you can see that everything works fine. We do charge for new code we have to create and of course we will customize our code to suite your needs.
- We were the 1st to combine a Content Management System into a Shopping Cart in 2001.
- We were the 1st to have a Click n’ Fly Shopping Cart 2004.
- We were the 1st to come up with a Shoppers Point Loyalty Program in 2002.
- We were the 1st to allow multiple layouts on one web design in 2011.
- We were the 1st to use Encryption to block any back doors or block hackers in 2011.
- We were the 1st to do Cloud Populating – what that means is, we had a web design that was selling books, now a picture of a book is going to be the same no matter who takes it, and the description is going to be pretty well the same from the publisher. This is public domain information. So, rather than having our client having to upload everything manually we created a script that would search the Internet and find the pictures and descriptions and copied it to our clients website.
- We were the 1st to come up with a true One-Page Checkout.
- We include a free, picture driven manual for our software, written in plain, easy-to-understand English.
- We make the cart easy to customize with our modular web design, giving you the opportunity to add new features to your web designeasily and quickly.
- We include built-in Social Media options.
- We have a translate function built right into the web design.
Have we ever made mistakes? Yes we have. The trick is to learn from them and we have.
My Dad told me once that the only people who do not make mistakes are the people who do not do anything.
In short, what ever you want, we have done it, if it has not been done, we will do it. We don’t just build you a website - we build you a better website and save you money.
We also offer the following services:
Web Design Training - Do you want to learn how to create quality web designs and web development projects? We can train you! Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You do have to have a working knowledge of HTML and PHP.
Free Web Design Software - We will give you a copy of our basic eCommerce website software - free - we will even install it on your server for you! Why? Well once you see how easy it works, we hope you will ask us to add additional features for which we can charge a modest fee.